Plant performance monitoring & diagnostics
Although a field performance test is made only once or twice in the lifespan of a machine or plant, continuous monitoring is crucial to detect and solve early faults of the plant and to operate each asset at its best performance.
THERMAL PLANT EVALUATOR is a hardware/software platform developed for continuous condition monitoring, fault analysis and performance prediction, based on the expertise of SINT Technology in field measurements and testing.
Plant managers and operators will:
- increase the effectiveness of data analysis for maintenance and planning
- reduce the time spent in data collection and reporting
- have asset Key Performance Indicators (KPI) available at glance
THERMAL PLANT EVALUATOR is suitable for the performance analysis and optimization of any type of plant or machine, from largepower generation combined cycles to small biomass and waste-to-heat plants.
Thanks to its flexible architecture, data from plant permanent instrumentation are collected and used to create a digital twin of the plant or machine. Additional instrumentation can be implemented in the system for improved measurements and analysis.
Typical example of available calculations:
- Gas turbine exhaust mass flow calculation by energy balance
- Turbine air filters clogging
- Compressor performance evaluation and operating maps
- Steam turbine expansion line and efficiency evaluation
- Recovery and fired steam generator efficiency calculation (direct/indirect method)
- Gas internal combustion engines performance
- Heat exchangers efficiency
- Overall plant performance