Gas and steam turbines perfomance testing
With more than 200 units tested worldwide, SINT Technology is a reliable supplier of field performance testing on steam and gas turbines according to the major international codes, such as ASME PTC 22, ASME PTC 6 and DIN 1943 codes.
The expertise of our engineers combines a rigorous and accurate approach to field measurements with a deep knowledge of thermodynamics and machines operation.
The main reasons to conduct a turbine performance test are:
- measure the actual performance of the unit and correct it to the contractual conditions.
- verify if a new unit meets the specifications of the applicable purchase contract, therefore if liquidated damages or “make good” actions are required.
- Assess the prior/after performance improvement due to a major maintenance outage.
SINT Technology is certified by the Italian accreditation body ACCREDIA for the execution of ASME PTC 22 and ASME PTC 6 performance tests.
Providing customized solutions and fast response, SINT Technology helps its Customers to assess the following main parameters of their turbines:
- Power output
- Heat rate
- Exhaust energy
- Exhaust flow
- Power output
- Steam consumption
- Water/steam mass balance
- Steam quality
SINT Technology provides advanced metrological services, comprehending:
- Supply and rental of high-accuracy measurement instrumentation
- Calibration certificates traceable to EA-ILAC
- Design of special measure and instruments for non-standard applications
- Sensors installation and data acquisition
- Test uncertainty calculation
The Performance Test Department of SINT Technology supports Customers with:
- assistance in interpretation of contract requirements and application of ISO/ASME/DIN international standards to guarantee
- Performance testing design
- Thermodynamic modelling of the machine or plant for performance curves editing
- Test procedures according to ASME PTC or ISO codes and customer needs
- Coordination and organization of all Parties involved in testing (EPC, suppliers, final customer)