The most important features of the DRMS Cordless are the following:
- The speed of rotation is established by the operator before drilling; the range is from 20 to 1000 rpm
- The penetration rate is set by the operator before starting the test; the range is from 1 to 80 mm/min
- Both rotational and penetration speeds are kept constant during drilling
- Travel span (and consequently depth of analysis) from 0 to 50 mm
- Diamond type drill bits: size range from 3 to 10 mm in diameter
In some cases, the measured Drilling Resistance can also be correlated with other material properties such as Uniaxial Compressive Strength (UCS).
For additional technical information you can visit the dedicated website www.drms-cordless.com.