Level I strain gauge course and examination
The course is tailored for engineers and technicians involved in the selection and installation of strain gauges, and it comprises theoretical and practical instructions.
- State of strain
- Continuum mechanics
- Principle of operation of electrical resistance strain gages
- Strain gage design and layout
- Strain gage selection criteria
- Surface preparation
- Application of strain gages
- Checking installation of strain gages
- Protecting strain gages
- Measurement chain
- Practical applications
The course lasts a total of 24 hours split over 3 days.
A first level certificate is issued based on the results of an examination which follows the course. To qualify for the examination, candidates must have attended the course first, and have gained a minimum of experience in strain gauge measurement of about 1 to 2 months depending on the candidate’s educational qualifications.
Certification is extremely important as:
- It demonstrates your competency as a strain gauge engineer
- The accuracy of measurements greatly depends on the knowledge, skill and sensitivity of the measurement engineer.
The course and the examination are conducted in accordance with standard EN ISO 9712:2012 – Non-destructive testing – Qualification and certification of NDT personnel.