Fired and recovery steam generator testing
SINT Technology provides valuable support for the field performance testing of fired boilers and Heat Recovery Steam Generators for the power generation business, according to EN 12952-15, ASME PTC 4 and ASME PTC 4.4codes.
In particular, SINT Technology is certified by the Italian accreditation body ACCREDIA for the execution of ASME PTC 4.4 performance tests.
From the definition and design of the test, to the rental and installation of the additional instrumentation, our engineers work together with the Customer to ensure the highest accuracy of the results.
The purpose of boiler and HRSG performance testingcan be found among the following:
- Checking the actual performance against guarantee
- Comparing key performance indicators at reference conditions
- Comparing the performance when firing different fuels (coal, oil, gas, biomass)
Consultancy is also provided for the execution of traverse temperature measurements in compliance with the major testing codes.
Providing experience and reliability, SINT Technology helps its Customers to assess the following main performance characteristics of their fired boilers and HRSG:
- Efficiency (indirect calculation)
- Power output
- Fuel, air and flue gas flow rates
- Energy input to HRSG from gas turbine
- Equipment pressure drop
- Stack emission analysis
SINT Technology provides advanced metrological services, comprehending:
- Supply and rental of high-accuracy measurement instrumentation
- Calibration certificates traceable to EA-ILAC
- Design of special measure and instruments for non-standard applications
- Sensors installation and data acquisition
- Test uncertainty calculation
The Performance Test Department of SINT Technology supports Customers with:
- assistance in interpretation of contract requirements and application of ISO/ASME/DIN international standards to guarantee
- Performance testing design
- Thermodynamic modelling of the machine or plant for performance curves editing
- Test procedures according to ASME PTC or ISO codes and customer needs
- Coordination and organization of all Parties involved in testing (EPC, suppliers, final customer)