Power Plant Performance testing
With an experience of more than 30 years in thermodynamic tests, SINT Technology serves its Customers as an independent Third Party witness for performance testing on power plants.
Still having our core business in the large power generation industry, we supply our services also to the biomass, geothermal and waste heat recovery sectors, regardless of the installed power.
Our expertise let us become the first Italian laboratory to obtain the official recognition from ACCREDIA, the Italian National Accreditation Body, for power plant performance testing following ASME PTC 46 Code. This ensures and certifies the quality of our testing results to all our Customers.
The main reasons to conduct a power plant performance test are:
- Identify the baseline performance of the power plant in different operating cases
- Quantify the prior/after performance improvement due to a major maintenance outage.
- Verify if the power plant meets the specifications of the applicable purchase contract, therefore if liquidated damages or “make good” actions are required.
Our services are valuable to EPC contractors and power plant managers to assess the following:
- Gross and net power output of the plant at reference conditions
- Heat rate and efficiency of the plant at reference conditions
- Corrected power plant heat input
- Power plant performance curves from components
SINT Technology provides advanced metrological services, comprehending:
- Supply and rental of high-accuracy measurement instrumentation
- Calibration certificates traceable to EA-ILAC
- Design of special measure and instruments for non-standard applications
- Sensors installation and data acquisition
- Test uncertainty calculation
The Performance Test Department of SINT Technology supports Customers with:
- assistance in interpretation of contract requirements and application of ISO/ASME/DIN international standards to guarantee
- Performance testing design
- Thermodynamic modelling of the machine or plant for performance curves editing
- Test procedures according to ASME PTC or ISO codes and customer needs
- Coordination and organization of all Parties involved in testing (EPC, suppliers, final customer)