Reciprocating compressor diagnostics
Reciprocating compressor diagnostics are important for checking the reciprocating compressor machine conditions in order to pinpoint behaviour changes, preventing machine faults.
Reciprocating compressor diagnostics provide the following benefits:
- better programming of maintenance services
- reducing forced outage risks
- improving machine performance
One of the main techniques used in reciprocating compressor diagnostics is the absolute pressure versus piston displacement analysis (PV Cycle) that allows to check reciprocating compressor efficiency and to detect undesired behaviors.
SINT Technology has a long in-depth experience in reciprocating compressor diagnostics built in over twenty years of practice in this service.
We offer specific competencies and consolidated procedures for development of monitoring activities applied to reciprocating compressors in industrial service and for trouble shooting.
We can provide a wide range of reciprocating compressor diagnostics services, including:
- measurement of absolute pressure vs. piston displacement (PV Cycle)
- measurement and analysis of vibration
- measurement and analysis of pressure pulsations
- measurement and analysis of torque and torsional vibration
- Acoustic emissions of valves
- Experimental modal analysis
- Performance analysis (volumetric efficiency, flow rate, compression ratio, etc.)
- Predictive monitoring
Moreover, SINT Technology has developed data acquisition and diagnostics systems specially designed for reciprocating compressors.
Among these systems we point out our RCX that is an acquisition and diagnostic system suitable for hazardous area, and that can be operated also in stand-alone mode for the long term monitoring and troubleshooting.