Strain gauge measurements
request a quote
The electrical resistance strain gauge technique is based on measuring the variation in electrical resistance undergone by a strain gauge grid, which is bonded to the component under analysis and subjected to strain.
It is a test method that makes it possible to measure strain and analyse stress on any material, in actual operating conditions, even in hostile environments.
SINT Technology has a long track record in strain gauge measurement and over the years has developed various measurement techniques, also in collaboration with research centres and universities.
Typical strain gauge applications are:
- Experimental stress analysis: installation, measurement and data analysis services both on site and in our laboratory
- Modal analysis
- Measurement of torque and torsional vibration analysis
- Underwater applications
- High temperature applications
- Applications on pressure vessels
- Applications on composite materials
- Determination of residual stresses (Restan - MTS3000)
- Production of strain gauge transducers (eg. load cells)
Strain gauge measurement examination centre
SINT Technology is examination centre in Italy, recognized by CIC-PND (the Italian Coordination Centre for Non-Destructive Testing), which conducts courses and first and second-level certification examinations for electrical resistance strain gauge testing engineers.
SINT Technology is also a member of AIAS (the Italian Association for Stress Analysis) and periodically organizes courses, study days and work groups on analysis of the behaviour of materials, components, structures and systems.
Go to our training page for more information Training